Exit

Adding meta data to HTM files

Jan 06, 2009 Jan 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I would like to add this meta-data (and similar) to my compiled HTM files:

<meta name="robots" content="noindex" />

I'm using the Tech Comm Suite, RoboHELP 7, generating FlashHelp. Does anyone know if I have to add the code to every generated HTM file and if so, how can I automate it or reduce the labour involved?

Many thanks, Simon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simon

If you were creating things from scratch, you might use a Topic Template for this. But it sounds like you already have a swarm of topics to deal with. So your best bet is to post process them. Use a decent Find and Replace utility. Perhaps FAR or ReplacEm.

FAR page
ReplacEm page

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the speedy response Rick. Those recommended tools sound interesting; I'll check them out. Just for information's sake, is it fairly easy to create topic templates? I've tinkered with templates in RoboHELP 7 but haven't got too far I must admit. Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Looks like the link for ReplacEm is bad. Perhaps try the one below instead.

Click here

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simon

Topic Templates are easy to create. But they won't help you with the metadata for existing topics. They are used two different ways.

* To apply headers and footers across a swarm of existing topics
* To provide a foundation to build topics as you go

Even if you use them to build the foundation, it's possible that RoboHelp would strip out the added metadata. (It likes to do that frequently. Ever so helpfully undoing what we wanted in there! Sorta like a five year old helping put a swing set together - where did that g... hey! Bring that back here!)

So even if you used topic templates you might still find yourself having to post process to obtain the desired result.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
:D
Thanks Rick, FAR seems to be doing a top notch job. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
All the best,
Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp