• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom won't import .cr2 files (RAW) from supported camera

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest update for Lightroom CC as well as Adobe Camera Raw, however it will not allow me to import my .cr2 files from my Canon Rebel XS (which IS on the list of supported cameras). It says "no preview available" and then if I click import, it says "the following files were not imported" and it lists all of my .cr2 files. I am on a macbook pro computer. Please help!

Also, I have tried converting to a .DNG with the Adobe DNG converter but this will not recognize the files either.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you go outside of Lightroom, copy the photos from the memory card to a folder on your hard drive, and then import from there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laura. I have tried this as well and it won't work. I have .cr2 files from another camera (downloaded as part of a photoshop package) that will open just fine, however mine still will not import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to the Help menu item and then either About Adobe PS LR or Sys Info and post the exact version number.

Try a different memory card in the camera and take some test shots and see if they import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 2015.12 and Camera RAW 9.12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have the right version of the software, and neither LR nor DNG Converter nor copying the photos to the HD will work. By process of elimination, it seems to me that you have corrupted files (perhaps the camera card was bad).

What happens if you put a different camera card into the same camera and take some pictures? Can Lightroom import the photos from that camera card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer - I just got a new memory card and took a few shots but cannot get them to import either. I tried both importing directly to Lightroom as well as to the HD first then into Lightroom - no luck. What else could cause corrupt files? My jpegs will import just fine, but not the RAW files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a card reader or connecting the camera to the computer?

If you are connecting the camera directly try a card reader. If you are using a card reader or camera directly to the computer try a new cable.

Please go to Help > About Adobe PS LR and post a screen shot of the window that comes up like in post # 4 by DdeGannes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Just+Shoot+Me  wrote

Are you using a card reader or connecting the camera to the computer?

If you are connecting the camera directly try a card reader. If you are using a card reader or camera directly to the computer try a new cable.

Please go to Help > About Adobe PS LR and post a screen shot of the window that comes up like in post # 4 by DdeGannes.

It has already been stated that the same photos won't import from the HD. The user has already stated that (s)he checked and his version number is 2015.12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kendram50578812  wrote

Thank you for your answer - I just got a new memory card and took a few shots but cannot get them to import either. I tried both importing directly to Lightroom as well as to the HD first then into Lightroom - no luck. What else could cause corrupt files? My jpegs will import just fine, but not the RAW files.

This is not relevant. New camera cards can go bad. You need to try a different camera card to see if it works to be sure it isn't this new camera card that is the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say "I have the latest update for Lightroom CC as well as Adobe Camera Raw"

Please go to the Lightroom tab of the Lightroom menu bar and click on it, a screen popup should look like the screen capture. It should show Lightroom CC 2015.12 and Adobe Camera Raw 9.12.. If it does not then you are not running the latest version of Lightroom.

Screen Shot 2017-08-13 at 9.46.17 AM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running here versions, I just double checked. Lightroom 2015.12 and Camera RAW 9.12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There might be an issue with CR2 files. Have you tried them to open with any other software?

--

Bhargav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not corrupted files. Wont import on any card. No tethering ability either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a compatibility issue with Adobe Software. There is a bug. CC Camera RAW v10 will not import my .CR2 files from either Body or any CF. No tethering ability either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rjwoodgett  wrote

This is a compatibility issue with Adobe Software. There is a bug. CC Camera RAW v10 will not import my .CR2 files from either Body or any CF. No tethering ability either.

I'm sorry, but you are new in this thread, you ought to explain your problem from the beginning. In detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received help from Adobe. CC would not import cr2 files from 7d or 40D. Solved by disabling conflicting startup files on PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how exactly do you solved the problem please? i have the very same issue and would be thankfull for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it works now again. my camera raw was not up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

toklas  wrote

it works now again. my camera raw was not up to date.

Interesting, Camera Raw has no impact on Lightroom operations at all. Something else solved your problem, not the version of Camera Raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this issue. I am all up to date with the software, but cannot import any .CR2 images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David,

It would have been better to have started a new thread. Nevertheless, you're here now. Can you state which Canon camera you're using, the actual version of Lr (ideally screenshot of Help> System Info), and OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having the same problem with photos from my 6D. I was importing pics last week no probs and this week it wont work... same issue. i updated software and still no change

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aliciac73961876  wrote

im having the same problem with photos from my 6D. I was importing pics last week no probs and this week it wont work... same issue. i updated software and still no change

Give us all the information requested above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Same problem here. I tried out a Canon EOS 5D (probably with the original firmware) and now I am trying to import the pictures on a MacBook Pro with Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6  and Lightroom Classic CC 7.4 CameraRaw 10.4

It's the first time I have tried to import pictures from a Canon camera (I use Sony), so maybe there is something I should have done beforehand.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines