• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incorrect Copyright Year In Metadata

Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set my copyright info (2018) in my camera (Canon 5d mkIV) but the metadata in bridge defaults to 2015. I can change it manually, but I have tens of thousands of images.

Don

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

How are you moving the images from the camera to the computer? Are you certain that you set the copyright on your camera to include your name and the year 2018?

It would be good to figure out why this is happening, but as others have stated it’s pretty easy to fix with a template in Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cant you do it all at once from bridge?

i believe you can selec all of the images in bridge and change it all at one time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.

I probably can do it, folder by folder. However, I would like to know how to keep it from happening again as every image I take will be copyrighted 2015.

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Don

I've got a 5DS here, and I'm looking at its copyright fields, and AFICT they are simply adjustable text fields. Bridge metadata is displaying the same as I have set in my camera.  Which filed in Bridge is your issue with?  Is it one of these in IPTC Core?

And which particular field on the camera?  I just have:

Show Copyright info

Enter Author's Name

Enter Copyright details

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have entered a date in Copyright details, then surely you'll need to update in the camera at year end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not using a template. It shows up in IPTC Core menu as well. The 2015 is strange since I didn't even own this camera in 2015.

DonXMP Basic.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you moving the images from the camera to the computer? Are you certain that you set the copyright on your camera to include your name and the year 2018?

It would be good to figure out why this is happening, but as others have stated it’s pretty easy to fix with a template in Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mystery Solved! I use Downloader Pro and by unchecking "add IPTC/XMP data to downloaded images" the problem disappears. Thank you to all who contributed.

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you don;t have to do folder by folder if you go to the root one, right click and "show all items" sort by file type, select them all and do it from the properties in bridge. i have done that for 5 thousand images at one time..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you applying a metadata template when importing photos? I’m thinking this would overwrite the camera settings. I create a new metadata template each year that gets applied when I import into Lr. I don’t use the camera for the copyright metadata.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the camera clock says 2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines