• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I get the postgres popup 100s of times a day!

Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I am working in Lightroom CC Classic I see this (Do you want the application "postgres" to accept incoming network connection) popup 10 times every 5 minutes.  It only displays for a millisecond but it does disrupt the flow of things.

I'm on a late 2012 iMac running 10.13.2

Firewall is on and there is No Postgres anywhere in the Security & Privacy settings of the Firewall.

How Do I make it Stop?  Very Annoying!

Postgres.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not caused by LR, which doesn't use Postgres.  But searching for that message shows ways that others have dealt with it:

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22do+you+want+the+application+postgres+to+accept+incoming+network+c...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not True.  Lightroom & Photoshop are the only programs that cause this error dialog to appear on my screen.  I've google searched for 2 days now, There is No Solution.  Like I said, Lightroom & Photoshop are the only applications that cause this error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR does not use the Postgres app.  I just verified that by running the "strings" command over the entire LR installation looking for all occurrences of "postgres".

PostgresSQL is a database used by many programs, including Davinci Resolve, but not by LR. Just because this popup is apparently triggered when you run LR does not necessarily mean that LR uses the app or that there is some bug or problem with LR.

The search results I referred you have reports of other programs triggering the popup also, including Apple's Final Cut Pro X and Compressor, neither of which use Postgres.   Those results include solutions that have worked for some people who were experiencing similar symptoms.  Should I call them out for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to know how to STOP Adobe Products from "triggering" the postgres popup.  Those searched solutions were a dead end.  As I originally stated, there is No Postgres anywhere in my Firewall setting...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of those threads discuss uninstalling or disabling the programs that installed PostgresSQL.  Davinci Resolve was named as one suspect.  A couple of people stopped all the apps that automatically get run at startup via System Preferences > Users & Groups > user > Login Items in an attempt to find a culprit that's running Postgres in background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem only that it occurs when I'm using Premiere CC 2017. Even if Premiere isn't the problem itself it definitely is the trigger of the problem and it especially occurs when I render or do other heavy processes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At first removing the the Postgres process from the Firewall greenlist worked but after restarting the computer it started appearing again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At first removing the the Postgres process from the Firewall greenlist worked but after restarting the computer it started appearing again.

Did you try this:

A couple of people stopped all the apps that automatically get run at startup via System Preferences > Users & Groups > user > Login Items in an attempt to find a culprit that's running Postgres in background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines