Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Cannot Open File" error when generating CHM

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2009 Jan 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have a small help file that we have in our source control (StarTeam), and it's built on a daily basis. It hasn't been updated in quite a while, so it was a surprise that it suddenly generated the following error during the weekend build:

Cannot open the file "b:\Document\HelpFile\!SSL!\Microsoft_HTML_Help\!chm_tmp_folder_0\HelpFile.hhc".

The CHM is normally built by running RH 7 via a command line in StarTeam. I tested it today by running it manually and received the same error. When I click "OK" on the error message, it continues building and finishes with the normal "view/close" message.

Anyone have an idea as to what may have caused this issue? The immediate puzzle is to what changed that would have caused this error, as we haven't updated this help file in several months (so there shouldn't be any changes within the help file).

And to pre-empt the usual first response, we have a copy of RH 7 on the build machine itself, so it shouldn't be a "running over a network" issue. ;*)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2009 Jan 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Quick update: I had the chance today to check out the files and build them locally on my machine with my copy of RH7.

It appears to build normally for me, and I'm not getting the error message being generated on the build machine.

This leads me to think something on the machine has changed, but I'm still at a loss as to what it might possibly be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp