• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cant set 'save as' to save .jpegs

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Need to send a Photoshop image as a jpeg The original mage is in LRCC and I select edit in Photoshop CC2018 with editing completed I need to save the ile as a jpeg ready to attach to an Outlook email. I am not ble to send the Photoshop image as only the LRCC is available or displayed . The Edited Photoshop image is not shown as a Photoshop file in Photoshop 'recent photos' as a .jpg all files are LR and saved as a .tiff although the conversion to Photoshop as completed satisfactorily.

If someone could help on this I would be grateful

Fred Parker

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

To explain why:

Jpeg is a very limited file format. It has a very limited set of supported file properties. It cannot have layers, it cannot have transparency, it cannot have alpha channels, it cannot be 16 bit color depth, and so on and so on. You can't do much to a file before it's outside the jpeg specification. A file sent from Lightroom to Photoshop is already outside by being 16 bit color depth.

When that happens, the file cannot be saved as jpeg. The format cannot contain it all.

So Photosho

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop, try File > Export > Quick Export as Jpeg. It creates a separate Jpeg copy of your original.

File > Export > Export Preferences to set jpeg, quality and Metadata.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help

regards

Charisma515

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To explain why:

Jpeg is a very limited file format. It has a very limited set of supported file properties. It cannot have layers, it cannot have transparency, it cannot have alpha channels, it cannot be 16 bit color depth, and so on and so on. You can't do much to a file before it's outside the jpeg specification. A file sent from Lightroom to Photoshop is already outside by being 16 bit color depth.

When that happens, the file cannot be saved as jpeg. The format cannot contain it all.

So Photoshop saves out a flattened, feature-stripped, 8 bit copy. The original file is still open, unattended. To save that, you may need to do so as TIFF or PSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you makes perfect sene!!

Charisma515

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines