Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush shortcut keys. Do they exist? <Beginner>

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I am new to Adobe Photoshop and was wondering if there was a way to assign shortcut keybinds to particular brushes that I use, for instance, like a large sized eraser for when I'm doing warmup exercises before drawing for the day, or even for my favorite sketching brush or inking brush.

I tried using the Photoshop Help button but couldn't find what I needed.  So I figured I would ask all of you.

Thanks so much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The generic keboard shortcut B brings up the brush tool. I don't know a way to assign a keyboard shortcut to a specific brush. You could, however, record a couple of actions, each to select a specific brush then assign function keys to the actions

Create actions in Adobe Photoshop

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to add - you can flick between the last brushes used with the shortcuts below:

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Goodness, even I had forgotten about those.  I use the Recent brushes strip a lot.

Which has to be enabled in the fly-out that shows after clicking on the little gear icon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use the bracket keys a lot to change brush size.  [ = smaller  ] = bigger.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines