• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disk didn't eject

Participant ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a situation that I've never encountered before. I use an external disk and was working with a normal catalog. I've never exported photos to a catalog so I just tested that process with a group of photos. It all worked except when I was done and went to eject my disk it wouldn't eject and said it was being used by multiple applications. The weird part about that is I only have photos on the disk, so there is nothing else it would have been used by. Is there any easy to explain scenario for this based on this brief information.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll think this isn't a Lightroom problem, but rather an issue in/with your operating system.

Do you have closed Lightroom before you try to eject the external hard drive?

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way on a mac that my files could be used by two lightroom catalogs at once and that they are both open somehow even if one is running in the background somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not see that this would be possible.

When Lightroom has one catalog 'open' it writes a temporary .LOCK file next to the Catalog. Lightroom will not 'open' a second catalog if it detects a .LOCK file still exists.  (Closing Lightroom removes the temporary .LOCK file)

As per Axel Matt- I think you will find that other programs have their 'hooks' into the drive.

With my Windows-10, I often get the error- "Cannot eject USB....." until I try a second time.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines