• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Display or strokes pixelated until I zoom in (cintiq 22hd)

Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings.

I purchased my self a new cintiq 22 HD. As I've been using it for 1.5 years now at work and I love it. But I got it all set up and for some reason. Opening my document at 2000x3000 300dpi 8 bit. Also tried 16 bit. My strokes are pixelated or grainy like they don't have anti alias on when you do a lasso tool. This isn't the case on my cintiq at work nor was this an Issue when I was on my 13 inch cintiq. So I am very confused at whats going on. When I google search I'm not finding much on this. So I figured I'd bring it here. Currently this is whats happening.

I open a document. I make a stroke it looks pixelated. Like the 1st frame in the cintq green scren shot.
I then zoom in. It looks clean and smooth like the 2nd frame in the Green cintiq screen shot.
I zoom in again a 3rd time and my strokes are pixelated. I zoom in again Its fine but starts to look more pixelated as I'm getting close to the image.

When I reverse or negative zoom this is the same but in reverse.

To test if this was now happening on my main monitor. Its doing the same thing. Again this didn't happen until I just installed the new cintiq driver. At least I never noticed it before. I also tried updating my graphic driver thinking maybe it had something to do with this. Nothing changed when I got to my newest update.

Any help is greatly appreciated. This is a weird issue and I cannot explain why its happening. The strokes look great and smooth upon zooming in but I'm sure you can see where this would start to become extremely frustrating.

Thank you so much for your time!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Trevor.Dennis​ Sorry I forgot to reply. This was absolutely the issue. Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CINTIQ 22 PROBLEMS.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen people answer questions like this with 'the only way to see an accurate version of your document, is to zoom it to 100%, but I don't have any issues here.

First thing to look at is cache levels in Preferences > Performance.  If it is set to 1, then change it to something else (4 works well). There's actually a warning on the Preferences page, which makes you wonder why it is even an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking my cintiq at work. It appears its cash levels are at 4. So I will try this when I get home on my new cintiq and see if that resolves the issue. Thanks a ton for responding. Will update when I have tried this route!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Trevor.Dennis​ Sorry I forgot to reply. This was absolutely the issue. Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines