• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing Position While Recording

Engaged ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I'm always asking here what I will eventually find after I've watched all the tutorials, but how do I move my puppet around the screen into a scene. I do know how use the Transform settings to set a position. So I'm that far along.

Martin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

You can record changing position -- for instance, enable the position x transform behavior, start recording, and then use the mouse pointer to gradually change position x. When done stop recording. You can also make adjustments to the take after the recording is complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can record changing position -- for instance, enable the position x transform behavior, start recording, and then use the mouse pointer to gradually change position x. When done stop recording. You can also make adjustments to the take after the recording is complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case helpful, to get a smoother transition (I struggle to move the mouse evenly!!) you can record the end position using a single keyframe, extend the take (make it longer by dragging it out in the line line), then using a blend to get a smooth transition from the start to the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is really helpful Alan, thanks. In some cases I like the lack of smoothness I get dragging the mouse while recording—it makes the action seem more organic and kind of comedically awkward. But there are times when I want exactly the sort of smoothness your suggestion provides.

Thanks,

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martinnel,

Did KJerryK's response help at all?
Let us know.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know, I gain so much from the responses I get from various tech forums, it really does restore (reinforce?) my faith in humanity. People sharing what they know with strangers for no other reason than to increase the general knowledge sometimes makes me almost sentimental.

Sure, some answers come from people paid to help out—and even they deserve the courtesy of a response. But when it's just some other user, stopping what they're doing to explain something I should have figured out on my own, it really is incumbent on me to respond.

Yes, KJerryK's answer got me to my solution. Thank you KJerryK. I had overlooked hitting the Arm button beside the Position X trigger. That is, by the way, a really great design idea: being able to change behaviors to your heart's content and, by merely activating a button, also being able to do it while recording or streaming.

Martin

But who is Ann Bens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People sharing what they know with strangers for no other reason than to increase the general knowledge sometimes makes me almost sentimental. Sure, some answers come from people paid to help out—and even they deserve the courtesy of a response. But when it's just some other user, stopping what they're doing to explain something I should have figured out on my own, it really is incumbent on me to respond.

It's incredible! I share the same feeling as yours.

I love being a part of our DVA community or other user-groups for that matter. It's such a great feeling!

Thanks, KJerryK for being an incredible community member and MVP. You're awesome!

Your contribution to the community is highly appreciated.

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But who is Ann Bens?

Ann Bens is an ACP (Adobe Community Professional) and a great contributor in the Premiere Pro space.

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RameezKhan  wrote

But who is Ann Bens?

Ann Bens is an ACP (Adobe Community Professional) and a great contributor in the Premiere Pro space.

Best,

Rameez

Thanks Rameez. I guess what I really should have written was, "who is Ann Bens and why do my forum replies always appear to come from her or Kevin Monahan even though they're usually actually from someone else?" But, honestly, it's not particularly important as long as I keep getting help from someone.

Thanks again,

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why do my forum replies always appear to come from her or Kevin Monahan even though they're usually actually from someone else?

Not sure what you're referring to!

Is it related to forum notifications?

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RameezKhan  wrote

Is it related to forum notifications?

Yes. I honestly do hate wasting your time on this just to satisfy my random curiosity, but I also hate to leave your question hanging.

I post to various Adobe forums fairly often and the notice-of-reply emails almost always indicate they have been sent by Ann Bens or Kevin-Monahan (see one of your own replies, Rameez, below) even though the responses prove to be from other people (you in this case). I assume they (Ann and Kevin) are forum administrators or something like that and everything gets filtered them.

Not really important,

Martin

Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 9.49.46 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Martin,

Apologies for my delayed response.

Looks like an issue with our forum platform, maybe?

I'll report it to the concerned team though.

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines