• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Solved Problem: Printing from PSE 2018, Canon Pro-100 and iMac "High Sierra"

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having a problem using Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018 to print on a Canon Pixma Pro-100 from my Apple iMac “High Sierra” version 10.13.2. The main issue was that the printing dialog options were extremely limited and quite poor. I had posted this problem on the Forum a while back but could not get an answer that worked.  (The main problem, I think, is that each person is using a different combination (and versions) of PS or PSE plus different printers (with different drivers), plus different Macs (with different software versions).

I got help back from Canon support within 30 minutes. The solution was simply a matter of downloading the newest version of Canon Print Studio Pro and using it as an add-on to Photoshop Elements to enable the print dialog.  This new one is even better and simpler that my previous dialog.  I do not understand why Adobe did not call my attention to this when I traded up to PSE 2018.  Indeed, they didn't even point this out when I tried to get their help desk.  (Their approach is to redirect help-seekers back to this community forum.)  A new problem I encountered, however, with the Canon Pixma Pro 100 + Print Studio Pro system is that after I have printed a photo, my iMac locks and I have to do a "Force Quit" to close down my computer. Then I need to start up again from scratch to print another photo.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?