• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated Reader - now can't see what PDFs look like

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader updated today - now it says it is Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and has a black icon.  Yesterday, PDFs in a folder when displayed as "medium, large or extra large icon" showed an image of the pdf.  This function is crucial as we need to see at a glance the differences in drawings (say... "5281-02 and 5281-02-172") we store as PDFs.  Today all that displays is the logo icon, which is useless.  I cannot find an instruction or preference for display to show the document, not the Acrobat logo.

Is there such a direction, and if so, where or what is it?

If not, how do I get back to yesterday's Reader and the icon images I need?

Thanks all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lauras,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Are you still facing this issue? If yes, try the troubleshooting steps given in this link which discuss the similar issue: pdf icons on desktop turn into black squares

Could you let us know dot version of Reader installed on the machine: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

And, the operating system running on the machine?

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines