• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updates?

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past few weeks I have been receiving e-mails from ACC to do with enhancements for Lightroom Classic. Each one has a download button. When I click on it, Adobe comes back with, "My computer does not meet the minimum requirements." Which is strange since I've been using Lightroom on the same computer for a few years. Anyone have a clue?

Dwight

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell us your operating system.

Tell us the hardware of your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HP Pavilion, Windows 7 Home Premium, Athalon 2.6 CPU, 16 G RAM, 1 TB main HD, 2ea 2TB secondary HD, and 1 6 TB dedicated to Lightroom. Like I said earlier It works just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't install (and probably can't download) Lightroom CC with Windows 7. (You can download and install Lightroom Classic CC) So what do the e-mails actually say, word-for-word, verbatim?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read online
Adobe Lightroom Make things perfectly clear.
All-in-one photo fun.
The Clarity slider makes it a snap to boost contrast in your photos’ midtones and bring out fine details. See how easy it is on any device with the reimagined interface in all-new Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC, part of your Adobe Creative Cloud membership.
Download
Check out all the tutorials ›

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a feeling I know your response by looking at the LR Icon. This is rounded, mine is square.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This e-mail is informing you about a totally NEW product that you don't have called Lightroom CC. It is different than Lightroom Classic CC. It is different than Lightroom CC 2015. It is different than LR 6.

You can't use Lightroom CC with Windows 7.

Just for future reference, here are the details comparing the different software.

Lightroom CC vs. Lightroom Classic CC | Adobe

As a word of advice for you or anyone else reading this far, so that in the future you receive much quicker answers, is to put the details of the problem (in this case the text of the e-mail) into your first message. Just saying you are receiving e-mails without the actual details means it will take longer to get help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you dj for your help. Sometimes it takes awhile for the neuron spark to move from my left to right of my brain.

Dwight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Emails? Did you sign up for the emails somewhere? Did they just start out of the blue?

Are you 100% sure they are not malware?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have always received e-mails from AdobeCreativeCloud either about using LR, new techniques or updates. They're not maleware, my e-mails are pre-scanned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that these newer updates are for LR CC and not for LR Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines