• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bates stamping and renaming files with both bates numbers and original file name?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am Bates stamping thousands of pages/documents. I don’t want to replace the file name with the Bates numbers only. I also don’t want to keep just the original file name.  I currently perform Bates stamping and then have to go back manually to each and every file in order to ADD the Bates numbers in front of the original file name.

I’d like to know if there’s a way to configure either an action/command so that the files will be renamed with BOTH the Bates numbers AND the original file name. For example, “Bates001-250_Bank Notebook “.  Is this a possibility?  Thank you in advance.

(I am working in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.)

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone?

If it's not possible, please let me know.  I'll be disappointed, but please let me know.

Or, better yet, if there's somewhere else (or someone else) I can ask this question, please let me know.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It might be possible to do it using a script, as the built-in command only lets you replace the entire file-name with the Bates numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines