• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print Orientation Randomly Changes

Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select a printing orientation it intermittently changes from what I selected in Page Setup (landscape or portrait) to another orientation (portrait or landscape). I have contacted Adobe support several times, and they have not been much help. The quality of support has declined recently..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what are you doing at the time when it changes? Details please.

It won't change landscape<>portrait without some intervention by mouse or keyboard (hands off) !

Are you selecting a Preset template?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, WobertC.  Not sure why I didn't get a notification that you had replied to my post...  To answer your question: It only happens when using a custom preset. If I select "Default Settings" it doesn't occur. At any rate. I spoke with Adobe support again(4th time) just now, and they tell me that this is now a known bug... Should be fixed in the next update, but in the meantime, they suggested printing out of Photoshop. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what you mean by "custom preset"  and "Default Settings". Can you explain more?

As for the "bug" - I am not "up-to-speed" on that topic as it hasn't hit my system to experience it, Although I have seen other forum posts with similar problems.

I do know that orientation (landscape/portrait) is embedded in any of the templates in the [Template Browser] panel.

So if you set the Printer dialog (from Page Setup...) to 'landscape' and then click on a template, it will change if this template was designed for a 'portrait' orientation.

The workflow must always be to start with [Page Setup...] first, then move to the panels on the right of screen to 'fine tune' the cell margins, etc.  Never then click back on a template because you then reset everything to the template.

(You can "Save" your own templates, or "update" a template if you want to change the options that it provides.)

Hopefully, Photoshop has been an interim alternative.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks WobertC.  I am not using the templates for sizes... I think that the attached screen recording will be clearer than any explanation I could compose...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the link to the screen recording will be clearer than any explanation I could compose...  Shared album - Jerry Cagle - Google Photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get lost with Mac/Printer dual buttons for setup screens (I am Windows)

So sorry I cannot be of much more help.

but in your video there is one spot where you click on the "Portrait" orientation icon and the page turns to 'portrait'. Is this a step you are doing deliberately?  And why are you doing this if you want 'landscape' ?

ScreenShot029.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want landscape. I want portrait...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not been of help to you so I will bug out.

Maybe re-post again with "3880" in the discussion header for other 3880 users to see. Or maybe Classic 7.2 will solve the problem when it is released.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK. Thanks, WobertC. I really appreciate your help.

Best,

Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines