Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lag with Photoshop Brushes

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,

I am getting considerable lag when i use the more complex brushed like Kyle's Brushes. The lag gets worse the bigger the brush size and the smaller the spacing. Unfortunately i need large brushes and 1% spacing for the digital painting i am trying to do.

My specs are :

Windows 10 i5-6500 @ 3.20GHz 16 RAM GPU : AMD Radeon R7 200 Series

I'll happily upgrade my computer if that's the issue, but i'm not sure if it is.

Thanks,

Lachlan Cartland

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning 'Scattering' On or Off also makes a difference. More lag with scattering on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I was going mad when after the last PSD CC 2018 updater, all my brushes (even the default ones) started moving with the speed of a half-way doped, sleepy snail. What had changed?? I could not figure it out. After reading the above, I went to see my settings and 'Scattering' was off but 'Smoothing' was on. Once I turned that off, my brushes worked without any lag ... Phew! 'Bug' or 'feature'? whatever it was, it was hyper annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lachlan

There is at least one other long thread on this issue.  It might be more useful if you find and read that, as several people have contributed ideas to it.

A Preference reset helped here

Brushes are lagging in PS CC 2018 !

This is the long thread

Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Brush lag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines