• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC 2017

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Lightroom classic since 2016, and they released the new CC recently last year, I was wondering if Lightroom classic users are automatically upgraded to the all new Lightroom CC. If the monthly price is still the same, can I just transfer my subscription to the new one? I'm asking because when I click on the "add photos" button in Lightroom CC nothing happens, but all the other options in the interface of the app are working.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you subscribe to Lr Classic you should have automatic access to Lr CC, provided your computer meets the minimum system requirements. You would not need to switch subscriptions unless you require Lr CC only, with 1TB of storage.

You then need to migrate your Lr Classic catalog to Lr CC. That will get all your originals into the cloud and switch off sync in Lr Classic. See link below for further information:

Go from Lightroom Classic to Lightroom CC |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to expand on what Jon has said regarding urgrading to the 1TB option..... if you keep on your current plan, it will only give you 20GB of Cloud Storage.

Are you planning on dropping Classic altogether? As the 1TB Photography Plan (including Classic & Photoshop) cost double the 1TB Lightroom CC Plan.

FAQ | Creative Cloud Photography plans

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something else you may want to consider. The new Lightroom CC isn't necessarily an "upgrade". It is an alternative program that you may want to consider. It is part of the Adobe Creative Cloud photography plan, and you can download and use it and consider it. Examine it carefully before you decide to switch to it or convert to it completely. It doesn't have all the features that Lightroom Classic CC has. Lightroom CC might have everything that you need and everything you are looking for. But my advice would be for you to use it and perhaps "experiment" with it for a while before you commit yourself to it fully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been given very similar advice regarding the new lightroom CC multiple times. At this point I think I'm just going to stick with the regular lightroom program for now, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines