• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Basing new project on old project

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2009 Jan 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp for HTML 5, and I have several large projects being managed under version control. What I want to do is create a new project, but bring in all the topics from a previous project. The new project is basically a new version of the old project. I know I can create a new project and then import the HTML files from the old project, but this is a very tedious project, especially since these projects have hundreds of topics in lots of subfolders. Is there a way to base a new project on an old project?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen

Just copy the project folder. Open the copy and choose File > Rename Project to give it a different name. Then begin deleting what you no longer need from the new project.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks! That did the trick. Had to remove the old project from source control, then copy the files to a new folder, rename the project as you directed, then change the name on a few properties screens and I'm all ready to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp