• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install update for cs5 on new Mac

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just got a new iMac and downloaded cs5 with the help os Adobe support because the install directions didn't work. They had to screen share and did some things that I wish I had paid attention to but didn't. I keep getting an error message when I try to install the adobe patches that says "Adobe patch installer can't be opened, You should eject the disk." I really need to add the updates because PS will not print and crashes every time I try to print something. I am hoping the patches will fix that. Help please!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What makes you think there are patches to make it work on a new Mac? if you get a new Mac or upgrade Mac OS you need to budget for all new apps. Any that still work are a bonus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to be nicer and drop the attitude.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update CS5's Application Manager. That way updates can be applied with Photoshop's Help > Update menu item.

Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Macintosh : Adobe Application Manager

This will install under High Sierra directly.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trick to installing CS5 and patches is not directly but via the Terminal. It does work. Adobe provides directions:

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)  Use that for patches that don't install via the AAM.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOUUUUUUUU!!! This worked perfectly. ðŸ‘Œ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines