• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lazy Nezumi vs Photoshop Smoothing?

Contributor ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So somebody recently recommended Lazy Nezumi Pro to take my Photoshop/other program art to the next level...I was curious, with the Photoshop smoothing setting, is it really worth it? I'm mostly a 3D artist, in ZBrush and 3DSMax, but if a one time payment of $35 can bring my 2D skills up to par, that would be excellent...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

https://forums.adobe.com/people/boo+radley+2013  wrote

In Photoshop, the line never seems to 'catch up'.

If I draw a line, and then stop, the line never fully reaches the cursor. It seems to stop a few millimeters behind.

Is this a setting I'm missing?

Hi

Have you checked Stroke Catch-up in brush smoothing options?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still prefer Lazy Nezumi. There's way more options, settings, and tweaks. It seems to be a little faster as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lazy Nezumi Pro has many more features than just smoothing look at their video. and animations.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I draw a line, and then stop, the line never fully reaches the cursor. It seems to stop a few millimeters behind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this out, may be usefull in your case Optimizing Photoshop Brushes for Use With a Wacom Tablet - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/boo+radley+2013  wrote

Hi

Have you checked Stroke Catch-up in brush smoothing options?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use a Wacom tablet + Photoshop, they do not know rivals ... but it also depends on what you want to do exactly.

Personal opinion of course.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, tried that. Problem is, I reverted back to CC2014 for the time being - I'll have to reinstall CC2018 and double check it when I get the chance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lazy Nazumi also can be used with nearly any program.  There is a dedicated plugin for Photoshop but it can also be used in Flash, Animate, Illustrator, After Effects, MS Paint, Krita, Gimp, TwistedBrush, ZBrush, 3D-Coat, Sculptris, Paint Tool SAI, MyPaint, Paint.NET, Open Canvas, ArtRage, Sketchbook, Inkscape, Mari, Manga/Clip Studio, Sketchup, Toon Boom, TVPaint, etc...

BTW.   Lazy Nazumi is not going going to bring your skills to the next level.  In fact any art teacher worth their salt will tell that depending on a smoothing algorithm for strong lines is actually limiting your drawing skills.   But maybe we have different ideas of what a "skill" is.   I used to stink at math until I bought a calculator...now my my math "skills" rival that of computer.  LOL

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines