• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Catalogs can not be opened on network volumes, removable storage, or read only volumes.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Ive just updated my MacBook to the latest iOS version. I keep all my catalogs on external drives and have never had any problems why this until after I updated the iOS today. I now get the following "Lightroom Catalogs can not be opened on network volumes, removable storage, or read only volumes."

Does anyone know  how I can fix this and get access to my catalogs?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its possible that your user Permissions on the external drive/s got changed with the OS update.

Right click on the drive and select get info and ensure you have Read and Write privileges for the drive.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - Im going to back up the drive first then will try and change the permissions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the external drive is formatted for NTFS, it may be that your third-party driver (required for writable NTFS drives) has expired.  See this thread: Re: Lr cc Classic, can not be opened on network volumes, removable storage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you - that solved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines