• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use Photoshop without Creative Cloud?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on with Adobe support for more than 2 hours the other day, since my computer apparently just won't install Creative Cloud. Every time it tries, it says that there is an error, and can either quit or repair, and if I choose repair the process starts all over again for an endless loop that never resolves. By the end of my time with Adobe support, they concluded that I just can't install Creative Cloud on my machine (no reason why, just that it won't work), and linked me to install Adobe products with direct download links.

What they failed to tell me however, was that I still can't open these programs without Creative Cloud.

So. What I'm wondering is, is there a way I can open photoshop without having to have creative cloud (because I simply cannot)?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not state what install errot you have. Troubleshoot Adobe Creative Cloud download and install issues

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The app does not give an error number. A dialogue pops up that says "Adobe Creative Cloud, needed to resolve the problem, is missing or damaged. You can try to repair to fix the issue. If the problem persists, download and install the new copy from www.adobe.com/go/adobecreativecloudapp"

and gives two options, 'quit' or 'repair'

Unless someone has an idea what could be wrong with my machine that won't let creative cloud install (never had a problem with any other program)? Adobe support tried every solution and told me it was my problem, not theirs. So other than that, I really just need to know if I can use photoshop without creative cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are having download problems. There are many threads in this forum on that subject. Try a different browser to download the creative cloud try turning off download security etc.  Read the threads.   If you have a Mac or Windows machine that meets requirements you should be able to install the creative cloud desktop application and install Photoshop using it.

https://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?place=%2Fplaces%2F1413024&q=Creative+cloud+Install+problem&sort...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I initially switched from using Firefox to Chrome because of these issues. Adobe support had me uninstall my antivirus software as well as turn off any download security or firewall.

It is not a browser issue. It is not a download issue. It is not a security issue, because there is absolutely nothing on my computer or network that could possibly be interfering with this.

Please believe me when I say I have tried every single solution to this download error, and so has Adobe support. It's redundant to tell me to search through the forums, as I've already done that. I wouldn't have made my own post if I hadn't.

All I want to know, is, is there a way to use Photoshop without the Creative Cloud application. I reiterate that Photoshop has installed successfully through direct download, I just cannot open it with this Creative Cloud blockage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suspect you probably have, but in case you haven’t, try Adobe’s CC Cleaner Tool: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

If that fails, go to ProDesign‘s site. ProDesign hosts the official Adobe direct downloads: All the New Adobe CC 2018 Direct Download Links, Now Available! | ProDesignTools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines