Exit

Word Index importing problem

Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2009 Jan 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone.

I am using RoboHelp HTML 7.02.001.
I created a new project for importing Word documents (Word 2003 SP2) into.
There is close to 100 files, all fairly small with Index Entries defined.(These were broken out of 9 training manuals)

From a prior posting, I was advised the output should be WebHelp since the users will gain access to this through the company Intranet.
The Project Settings has Index > Add New Keywords to > Index File (HHK). And Binary Index is checked but I don't think it is required.

I am importing multiple Word documents into a folder in the project at a time.
The Import Word Document Wizard:Conversion Options screen opens and the following items are checked.
Preserve heading styles
Convert Table of Contents
Convert Index
Add new keywords to Index file (HHK)
I am then choosing to create only 1 Master Style Sheet which is later changed.

The Word Document Wizard:Split on Style window screen opens and all checks are removed because this step has already been completed.

My problem: The index is blank after the import.

How do I fix this without having to edit every HTML page?

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Julie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2009 Jan 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post the question in a third thread?

Send me one of the documents via my site and I will take a look.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a 3rd thread.

The company's security settings have you blocked as Blogs/Personal Pages and I have not been able to get them to add this site to the OK list yet.
Can you look at it another way?
Would you like the Original Word Doc? and/or the converted Robohelp page?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You asked for ideas so I was cheekily suggesting a third thread.

I will not post an email address here as it would likely get harvested by the spammers. Adobe themselves have links to my site quite apart from the links in these threads. That should be a good enough testimonial for your IT people.

It is the document you are importing that I would like so that I can see what happens on import. I can only suggest you get the email address at home and mail it tomorrow.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last time I tried to get help from multiple areas, I had about 20 nasty replys.
It was stated that that was "against all the rules" so I was trying to play fair.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only responses I have seen to multi posting have been along the lines of "don't" because of the problems it causes. Posting the same question a second time in the same category is much the same. A reminder as you have done in this thread is fine.

I'll await the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - I tried something crazy but I don't know why it worked.

New question, before I waste alot of time, will this contine to work?

I created a "RoboHelp for Word" project. I got a Run-time error '49': Bad DLL calling convention messge.
I keep getting messages saying there is a problem with Micorsoft Word, or Unable to load Virtual Transaction Module and had to kill the process using the Task Manager. Obviously, I abandoned this approach. I did however open that project with RoboHelp HTML and when I imported a Word document the Index was created.

Any ideas why?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Using RH7 on my site. Sounds like you don't have the patches installed. That error message was fixed in one of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2009 Jan 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I might have figured this out.
I had created a folder for each manual I would be importing. I then imported directly into that subfolder and the index did not create.
If I import the Word document directly into the HTML Files (Topics) folder it seems to work.

Does anyone else have an idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp