Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compare pictures not possible

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I just ordered Lightroom CC for 12 month (inlcuding Photoshop and 20GB cloud) for 12€ /month. After installing Lightroom I wanted to compare some pictures I took. But the manual I found

How to browse and compare photos in Lightroom Classic CC

is not working at all. It says

In the Grid view or the Filmstrip, select two photos and then do one of the following:

Click the Compare View icon

in the toolbar

If I select two pictures, I do not have something like that in my toolbar. This might be the documentation of the classic version, but how can I compare these pictures? I have the feeling that my version is something like a "lite" Version.

The "Help -> About" says

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC

Version 1.1

Build: 20171201-1016-60550c6

Can somebody help me out?

Thanks,

Hauke

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Late last year Adobe screwed up the naming of Lightroom products.  Lots of people are confused. 

The old computer and folder based Lightroom CC became Lightroom Classic.  The old cloud server based Lightroom Mobile became Lightroom CC.

You are reading instructions that apply to Lightroom Classic while trying to make it work in (the new, cloud server based) Lightroom CC.

In the help menu it will say Lightroom Classic Version 7.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Late last year Adobe screwed up the naming of Lightroom products.  Lots of people are confused. 

The old computer and folder based Lightroom CC became Lightroom Classic.  The old cloud server based Lightroom Mobile became Lightroom CC.

You are reading instructions that apply to Lightroom Classic while trying to make it work in (the new, cloud server based) Lightroom CC.

In the help menu it will say Lightroom Classic Version 7.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the same problem I'm having.

I cannot compare photos side-by-side or find any option for face recognition.

These seem like very basic tools that are included in most every other photo editing software.

Why not Lightroom CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alanmohring  wrote

....Why not Lightroom CC?

I don't work the so really don't know.

But, it appears that Lightroom CC (once Lightroom mobile, cloud Lightroom, etc) has an entirely new purpose.  It is aimed at providing quality editing to the photographers that use phones, tablets, websites, etc rather than their office computers.  It is an "ecosystem" of all the platforms. 

Traditional editing feature remain vibrant in both Photoshop and "Classic" (computer, file based) Lightroom. 

For photographers that want "side-by-side" or "face recognition" use "Classic".

The real opportunity is to figure out the complex advantages of using the best of both through syncing tools.  It is really not about one or the other, but about getting the best of both at once!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am appalled that you can't do something as BASIC as comparing two images side-by-side! What on Earth is Adobe thinking??? Is it some epic challenge to code an app to show two pictures next to each other?? Is that a monumentally difficult task? Am I asking for something impossible?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was really excited for Lightroom cc when it came out and I also thought, they must have just missed such a basic feature and it will for sure come in an update soon. Years later and I still can't compare photos side by side. For me, this is the most basic function especially for the mobile version. When out,  I can import the pictures on my iPad and the first thing I want to do is delete everything I dont need and for this, the most basic thing is a compare feature. Everything else I can do in classic when I am back home. I have no idea what they are thinking, but for sure they dont want to implement it, I can hardly believe that this function is difficult to add.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines