• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2017 Pen Pressure

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble getting Photoshop CC 2017 to recognize my XP Pen 05 tablet's pen pressure. I have tried every suggestion provided in this thread Photoshop not recognizing Pen Pressure​ and am starting to run out of options.

My operating system is Windows 10

I am running Photoshop CC 2017

My tablet is XP Pen Star 05

I am not sure if I am using WInTab or the Windows Ink API. Currently I have WIndows Ink Workspace enabled (if this is what WIndows Ink API refers to), and am using the Star 04 driver as suggested by the XP Pen support team whom I contacted a few days prior.

My pen pressure problem went away after installing the previous series driver however it was only for the one time I used it and since then I have had no luck.

I should also mention that I created a text document via suggestions from this thread Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ? but am uncertain of the exact file location. Currently my file path goes as follows C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Required\PDF\Settings and within the Settings folder there are no other text documents besides joboption files. This is the only Settings Folder I can see and I have Show Hidden Files enabled.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Here is the correct location to place PSUserConfig.txt file:

C:\Users\[YourUsername]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC2015\Adobe Photoshop CC2015 Settings

Please check if it solves your problem

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the correct location to place PSUserConfig.txt file:

C:\Users\[YourUsername]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC2015\Adobe Photoshop CC2015 Settings

Please check if it solves your problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This answered my issue! I'll keep monitoring it though and if it gives me some issues later I'll reply back here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jackl46391534  wrote

Thank you! This answered my issue! I'll keep monitoring it though and if it gives me some issues later I'll reply back here

Jack, glad you got this fixed, and I suspect that other people in the long thread you first posted to would also get their issue sorted if they started new threads with the information you gave above.  WinTab seems to work better with Windows 8.1 and 10, so setting up the PSUserConfig file tends to do the job.

As a Windows user, I'm also wondering if you use Lazy Nezumi Pro?  If not, give it a try.  It will turn your shakey brush strokes into smooth flowing works of art.

https://lazynezumi.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to ask to help me, how to fixed your pen pressure issue with the XP PEN05 tablet.

I've tried the same userconfig thing.

But maybe I'm did something wrong.

Could you give a description how did it.

Thank you in advance.

Best regrads,

Lajos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let me know for mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kann man diese Dateien auch in Fotoshop Elements 13 finden

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines