• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom CC iphone app: upload stalled / stuck suddenly?

Contributor ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

my upload in the lightroom CC app (DNG images) worked every day, since today, when i paused it the first time.

after pausing and resuming the upload of images, it is stuck and hangs, still at count "32" images left to upload.

i wonder why?

i also wonder why lightroom cc app on iphone is very complicate to get the DNG images to another medium, like imac or apple laptop?

i dont see any solution other than upload to my subscribed adobe cloud and auto-import in my lightroom CC on my imac.

but the upload hangs... so no images can arrive

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Don't know why your upload is stuck. I would kill Lightroom on your phone and restart it. The upload through the cloud and download through Lightroom Classic or Lightroom CC is the simplest way to get the dng on your desktop but there are many other ways. One is to hit "export original" in the share button on your phone and save the dng file on your photo roll or in your files app which will then sync the dng through Apple's iCloud, or you can do the same thing through Google Drive, Dropbox, etc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know why your upload is stuck. I would kill Lightroom on your phone and restart it. The upload through the cloud and download through Lightroom Classic or Lightroom CC is the simplest way to get the dng on your desktop but there are many other ways. One is to hit "export original" in the share button on your phone and save the dng file on your photo roll or in your files app which will then sync the dng through Apple's iCloud, or you can do the same thing through Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, when i hit export to iphoto lib., it says „developing“ or processing. that sounds confusing as i want the orig. dng, not anything processed.

you can check my topic as ready,

as it was my fault, i didnt check wifi, this hour it was working but too slow, so i uploaded it via mobile and the 32 dngs where at my imac in 5 min

but anyway, nice workflow!

i use it now profess. to shoot with iphone x and work

on the dng‘s in lightroom on my imac, so much fun, no sd-card, no stuff, no expensive digital lens-reflex camera

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to select Export original first in the share button (all the way at the bottom) and then select the camera roll (or files). Then it will export the dng to the photo roll. If you select "Save to camera roll" in the share menu it will only export a jpeg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>on the dng‘s in lightroom on my imac, so much fun, no sd-card, no stuff, no expensive digital lens-reflex camera

Yeah this is a fun workflow. I've been using dng shooting on my iPhone for a long time now with Lightroom mobile and Classic even way before CC came out as Adobe added this to Lightroom mobile a long time ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, it works now. i didnt see „export orig.“

for the mobile workflow:

there was no pr / advertising for this main/important workflow feature (shoot dng with lightroom mobile on iphone > work on imac via cloud auto-export)

or i didnt see any adobe advertising for this,

so its brand new for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They had a bit of noise around it when they released this in 2016: Shoot in DNG raw in Lightroom for iOS 2.5​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines