Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Too many tools

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Something odd has happened to my photoshop but I guess there is a simple explanation- the crop tool and the eye dropper tool (possibly others) have become triple icon versions, three of each in a row- making selecting a particular point on the screen very difficult. I would take a screenshot to show but I've found the tool doesnt appear on the screen shot, but basically I am seeing ### instead of # for each of the tools I have mentioned, with the first one seeming to be the active one.

Any ideas? no doubt its a very simple mistake I have made!

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the Tool(s) from the drop-down menu in the fly-out.

reset.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us a screen shot?  Derek is showing tool presets in the options bar.  If you are definitely seeing multiple identical icons in the toolbar flyout, then I'd say that something is broken.

With weird display issues I would look at the video card driver. It has to be updated from the card makers website.

If you still have an issue and a tool reset does not fix it, then try Preference reset.

If you still have the issue, then click on the three dots and then on Edit Toolbar, and Restore Defaults.

If still in trouble at this point, then a letter to the United Nations, and/or the Commission for Human Rights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all  for trying to solve this issue. However I stumbled upon the answer accidentally. I recently reset my screen display to show larger text as I was a bit challenged visually. When I reset it to the previous setting (this is on Windows 7) the problem magically disappeared. This confirms the old saying

When in doubt, do nowt..!

IfI had done nowt in the first place the problem wouldn't have arisen- just a pity I cant read the words on the screen so easily!

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines