• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the Nik Selective tool?

Enthusiast ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problems that many others have had migrating my NIK plugins from Photoshop CC 2017 to 2018.  The plugins won't run as filters.  The "Correct Answer" below is copied from another thread

1. Copy Google plugins folder from PS 2017 to PS 2018
  2. If NIK selective tool is not present  File>Automate>Nik Selective Tool.  Selective tool should appear
  3. Launch from Selective Tool

However there is no such tool under File>Automate.  Where do I find it?

EDIT

OK, I solved the problem.  I downloaded and installed the Nik software from nikcollection.dxo.com.  The download includes the Nik Selective Tool, which runs immediately when Photoshop is started (after you get the message from PS that the plugins are  incompatible).  So while I can no longer use the Nik software as plugins (under Filters -> Nik), I can launch them as stand-alone programs from the tool.

The tool can also be accessed under File-> Automate, as the "Correct Answer" correctly states.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded from PSE 23 to PSE 24 and the Nik selective tool is missing.  This happened with the PSE 23 install, and eventually I got it to appear, I just can't remember how.  In PSE Preferences>Plug-Ins>check Additional Plug-Ins Folder, I Choose /Applications/Nik Collection/ but it never works.  The Nik Selective Tool doesn't show up and the plug-ins don't show up under Filer either.  I should have made notes how I got it to work last time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm on Monterey with an intel and a silicon mac.  I upgraded to Photoshop Elements 24 from 23 and my Nik Selecion Tool was misssing and access to them through Filters.  I was unable to add them through Preferences>Plug-ins also.  I just found this from an Adobe employee that worked for me:

Sameer K Adobe Employee , Nov 09, 2022

Welcome to the Photoshop Community. I'll try to help you with this.

Newer versions of Nik filters might have a different installation method. Try this:

• Go to Finder > Applications > Adobe Photoshop 2022 > Plug-ins Folder > Copy the items in this folder.
  • Go to the Plug-ins folder for Adobe Photoshop 2023 folder & paste the items here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines