• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering a 7 second clip is taking 7-8 hours and only getting worse.

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to render this clip all day with no success. It is 7 seconds long with an echo effect on it and I have tried everything to reduce the render speed with no luck. I have 8gb ram with a superclocked gtx 960 gpu and an AMD 8320 CPU. It shouldn't be taking this long correct? I've also tried rendering through media encoder with the same results. I appreciate any help I can get, thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without knowing anything about the specifics of your project, exact render settings and so on nobody can tell you much. You could simply have overcranked your Echo values and AE needs to render a ton of extra frames for each echo trail sample. In this case this would be poerfectly normal - it doesn't matter whether those 200 or whatever frames are only visible as a faint ghostly trail, they still need to be calculated.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is a very large echo. I believe there are 30 echoes. My output is h264 at 30 fps. I left the render going overnight and 17 hours have passed and it says 26 hours remaining and it has not stopped increasing. This is absolutely ridiculous for 7 seconds of footage even with the effect applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines