• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6.0 (standalone) upgrade to Lightroom CC?

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought the perpetual license version of Lightroom so that I could pay for it once and have basic photo editing software forever. I did some research before buying and it didn't seem like I would need Photoshop so I didn't see the need to buy into other Creative Cloud apps. Now that I'm running Lightroom and editing photos, I found I want the capacity to do photo stacking and it is my understanding that this is not available in Lightroom (other than HDR stacking) and I would need Photoshop. If I want to do focus stacking, for example, I would rather stick with Adobe products than buy another photo editing product just for stacking. Can I upgrade my standalone purchase somehow to a CC subscription without completely throwing away the money I spent on the standalone version? Or do I have to buy into the CC subscription service and pay the approx. $119 a year anyways on top of the $150 I spent on the standalone version? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How recently? I think Adobe offer 30 day money back, but you will need to go through the Support > Contact route. I am not sure about the upgrade possibility.

Be careful which subscription plan you choose. To get Photoshop and Lightroom Classic (the latest version of the Lightroom you've been using) you need the Photography Plan. Adobe also sell the Lightroom Plan, but that only includes the new cloud-dependent "Lightroom CC" (yes that is very confusing) which is a completely new app like Lightroom Mobile but running on your PC/Mac. So for Photoshop and real Lightroom or "Classic" you need the Photography Plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This is very helpful. I only bought Lightroom yesterday, so I am still in the 30-day window if that's the route I choose. I did buy it through Amazon, I'm not sure if that makes a difference. Anyhow, good to know that I have some time to decide if I want to return the standalone to "upgrade" to the Photography plan and have access to the additional features. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check with Adobe asap about the 30 days. I think I'm right, and this page Return, cancel, or exchange an Adobe order  seems to confirm it applies to resellers too. But Contact Customer Care​ (UK link) - you can actually get through to a human being!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got in touch with Adobe support and it looks like I am unable to return the product because I bought it through Amazon. It appears Adobe will only refund products bought through them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do Amazon allow returns?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, no. They're pretty clear about it right on the purchase page not too far from the "Add to Cart" button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

eBay? Might work if you haven't registered your purchase with Adobe. But I really don't know. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines