• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Kintana Dummy Page

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2009 Jan 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone encountered a selection box that when it opens and should display options to select but instead it opens to "Kintana Dummy Page"? When I am not recording it works fine but when I am recording this happens. Any advice?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Lisa

Is this Captivate related? I'm assuming it is, as you mention "when I'm not recording it works fine".

Can you describe this a bit differently? Where are you seeing "Kintana Dummy Page"? Is it displaying within a specific application you are attempting to record? Or are you seeing it within Captivate itself?

If it's within an application, which application is it? And what OS are you using?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, yes this is with Captivate. I am trying to do a "demo" of a time tracking application. When I get to the part where I need to add a "new task" , when I click on the icon a window opens with all the possible "tasks" and you select one and click to add it to your time sheet. During recording when I click the icon and the window opens, it is not the list of tasks, it is a blank window with Kintana Dummy Page in the page title. Have you ever encountered this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again Lisa

I've heard of a lot of weirdness with different applications, but that one is a new one on me. LOL

I'm thinking it's probably that the application doesn't much like Captivate in the picture. Hmmm, thinking about it, you said it was a Time Tracking app? I'm wondering if somehow it is sensing Captivate as some sort of a Keylogger application. One that watches what goes on in an effort to capture credit card numbers and the like. And the application is presenting some dummy information just in case.

If I were you, I'd ask the application manufacturer to see. Perhaps they have user forums too? If so, try going there and posting your issue with Captivate. Who knows, maybe others have seen the same thing.

Another possibility would be to connect to another PC. Drive the application remotely and capture using Captivate on the PC doing the driving. Sometimes that gets past weirdness when the app doesn't like Captivate lurking about.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, thank you so much. You might be on to something there! I am going to go and talk to the application guys again. This is a great community. I appreciate the advice. I do love this product. When I figure it out I will post it back here. Thanks again, Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2009 Jan 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem as you with Kintana, Captivate 3, and the "Dummy page". While I did not find the cause, the resolution I had to use was to record as far into Kintana as I could, then pause or end the movie...allow the Kintana window to reappear, then restart the moving by adding slides. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2009 Jan 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That might work. I found out that it is a page that "appears" naturally and always but is usually so quick you don't see it. But maybe if I were to pause or to just start a new one at that point might work. Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 09, 2009 Jan 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem when trying to record a training module of our online finance system. I was going nuts, but I found out that if I used Firefox 3.0 instead of IE 7.0 to open the finance system then I could record everything I needed. I don't know if your system is internet/intranet based but if it is then trying using Firefox instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 09, 2009 Jan 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi there,

Just to add towww.captivate4.com's excellent suggestion. If you are working on an intranet, cannot install Firefox, and this application is on multiple workstation, then you could use Microsoft's built-in Remote Desktop Connection utility to connect remotely to Kintana and capture your demo. Just bear in mind that it would probably be best to manually capture your slides by pressing F12.

Another option would be to connect remotely to this app using a VNC such as Real VNC

HTH

Best - Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources