• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Renaming a project

Dec 08, 2008 Dec 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi
I tried to rename my project, i did file | rename project, i changed the project's properties, i changed the project name when generating a layout, etc. and still it seems that i cannot modify the name of the htm file generated... i don't know where i can access the name of the generated htm file so that i can rename it. Can somebody help me?

Thanks a lot
Alex

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First field of the first page of the wizard when you generate the help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, i did that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are saying that if you go to the folder that is defined in that field the name of the start page is not the same as in the wizard?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm saying that on the dialog box called Generate Primary Layout (Flash Help Pro), in the Project Name and Output Folder and Start Page, the information is accurate, it is the right project name, but the name of the htm file generated is not. It is the name of that file that is not generated correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so the folder defined there is what you want and the help is getting generated there.

- If you are saying that the filename there differs to what gets generated, then I cannot see how that can happen as that is where the name comes from.

- If you are saying the filename in the wizard is not what you want, then simply change it.

Bear in mind this will affect the calls to the help made by your developers so do liaise with them if you change it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 07, 2009 Jan 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem: The old name shows up in the browser tab when I run the generated webhelp (htm file).

I ran the File / Rename Project.
Then I changed the Output Start Page on the first page of the wizard when you generate the help.

But when I generate and View Result, the browser tab still has the old name. :(

Edited to add: BTW, I'm generating WebHelp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

poverbo,

It sounds like you're talking about a different thing--rather than the file name, you're trying to change what shows up as the document or page title?

Try going to File > Project Settings in RH and changing the project title. Though if you're using a window defined in the Project Setup pod, the browser title for the help is defined in the window settings instead.

Hope this helps,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yep, that was it. I think that's exactly what alexandrafructeam was asking for in this thread.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp