• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Redactions are distorted - why?

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open a file after redactions have already been made and saved, the redacted areas (blacked out boxes) are distorted all over the page. This does not happen with all my pdf files so not sure if there is a certain file type that is not allowing the redactions to be placed correctly. The file looks fine while I'm applying the redactions - it's just after I save and try to re-open it. I've attached a snap of what it looks like. Is anyone else having this issue?Capture.PNG

My solution in the interim has been printing out the document, scanning it and then manually redacting the content.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the Redaction tool in free-form mode (hold down Ctrl when drawing the redactions markups), instead of in text selection mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestion but unfortunately it didn't work. Looking back at the problem, whatever redactions I make on one page, it shows on every page and accumulates as I redact more pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a corrupt file. Do you know how it was created?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you show a screen shot after you have marked for redaction and before you apply? Please include the Comments panel so we can see the markup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines