• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse content embedded in coldfusion page?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen some posts stating that embedding coldfusion code in Muse pages is impractical.  However, I want to do the opposite.

I tried calling the muse from CF using a variety of methods, including cfhttp (presumably preferred), cfmodule, and cfinclude.  The following error code seems to be the core issue among these methods:

COM.Allaire.ColdFusion.HTTPFailure

I have also tried removing some of the standalone page type code from the muse code (e.g. !DOCTYPE, and HTML and BODY tags), but to no effect.  I will try asking this on the CF forum as well.

<div class="container home">

<cfhttp url="#application.proot#/includes/__sstandards/index.html"  method="GET" resolveurl="Yes" throwOnError="Yes">

<!---cfmodule template="#request.includes#/__sstandards1/index.cfm"--->

<!---||#application.proot#||--->

</div>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Thanks, Preran.  I did ultimately have a bit of luck by calling the muse code from within the CF code using AJAX.  I just included the muse code in a subdirectory of my CF site, then adjusted the resources paths in the muse code accordingly (i.e. to css, js, images), to access those from the muses effective loaded location.  Looks like this should even work for a multi-muse drilldown, by including the ajax call / url in place of the normal static url in the muse.  So far so good.  At least got s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't heard of anyone attempting this workflow previously, and am not sure if this is possible. You probably also want to post on the ColdFusion forum to see if anyone has attempted what you are trying to do.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Preran.  I did ultimately have a bit of luck by calling the muse code from within the CF code using AJAX.  I just included the muse code in a subdirectory of my CF site, then adjusted the resources paths in the muse code accordingly (i.e. to css, js, images), to access those from the muses effective loaded location.  Looks like this should even work for a multi-muse drilldown, by including the ajax call / url in place of the normal static url in the muse.  So far so good.  At least got something working!

We are considering muse code for integration with CF (or other, e.g., .Net) sites, as a way to quickly do graphic-rich informational parts.  So, far, proof of concept looks promising.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your solution, Andrew. This is definitely a first for me at least, the first I have seen someone attempt this workflow. Your post should help other users in a similar predicament.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines