Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

sending Photo with email not selectable*

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I choose a photo that I would like to send.

Then I press the right mouse button to enter the menu.

Now the option "sending photo with email" is shown to me only gray. I can not select this to get into the email window,

Does anybody know, what could that be?

Michael

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or Windows? Which version of the OS?

Which email program do you have installed? If you access your email only though a web browser, this LR feature will not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One reason for 'email' greyed out-

The photo is "Missing". Lightroom does not know where the original file is located.

Is the an exclamation icon [ ! ]  on the preview thumbnail?

I might like to disagree with ManiacJoe-

through a web browser, this LR feature will not work.

My Lr email is set for my browser mail account  xxxxxxxxx@outlook.com  which is an alias for Hotmail.

ScreenShot098.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, you may be normally using a web browser to view your email, but you have all the account info stored locally as if you were using an email program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ManiacJoe,

My understanding of email setups is very limited, so help me here.

I do not have any email program installed on this laptop -DellXPS13. (I do not have 'Office' or the Office version of Outlook)

This laptop only has Adobe programs Lr Ps Br, and  Firefox browser (and a few other irrelevant programs)

I set up the Lightroom email manager to use "Windows Live Hotmail" and I can successfully send mail with the setup that installed, so I am still not sure I understand  "the account info stored locally"

I followed setup advice at- https://photographylife.com/how-to-email-photographs-in-lightroom

My screen-clip from this laptop  (previous post was from Desktop)

ScreenShot020.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When an email account is setup on Windows, either by an email program or another app like LR that also does email, the account connection information is stored in the Windows Registry where any email-enabled app can access it. Normally, it is an email program that initially does this setup, but any email-enabled app can do it.

When you use a web browser to access your email via the email provider's website, there is no storage the email connection data since the web browser does not use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the info.

We have not heard back from the OP yet.

I wonder if Michael has solved the post question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines