• Espaรฑol
      • Franรงais
      • Portuguรชs
  • ๆ—ฅๆœฌ่ชžใ‚ณใƒŸใƒฅใƒ‹ใƒ†ใ‚ฃ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ํ•œ๊ตญ ์ปค๋ฎค๋‹ˆํ‹ฐ
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to move an image / text by coordination (X, Y)?

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Referring to following instruction, I would like to move object based on coordination (X, Y) instead of relating to previous location.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Moving object relative to the previous location

With your active selection, go to Edit ยป Free Transform. This is the same as pressing Ctrl-T on Windows, or Cmd-T on OS X.

Then, in the toolbar above your image, select the angle point where you want to set the coordinates. In my example, it is the center of the selection.

enter image description here

Now, enter the X and Y coordinates you want your selection to be at. If you want to move your selection relative to the previous location, toggle the triangle button.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Donโ€™t click the triangle then โ€ฆ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Donโ€™t click the triangle then โ€ฆ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During recording action, even through triangle is not clicked, the process of moving object is translate: -100 pixels, -150 pixels, which seem still moving based on previous location.  For a few sample movement, I find no problem during recording action at that moment, but after a series of actions is recorded, and when I play back the recorded action, the moving location is different from my previous recorded step.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks you very much for suggestions ๐Ÿ˜†

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transformations recorded in actions seem to operate based on the current position.

As a workaround you could align the Layer to the top left corner of the image (for example) before transforming it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For setting Initial position,  I need to re-locating all images back to (0,0) coordination and record this steps using action, but transformations recorded in actions seem to operate based on the current position.  Is there any approach to set each image back to (0,0) coordination? It seems that the function of transformations does not work on my case.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Is there any approach to set each image back to (0,0) coordination?

If you meant the images 0/0 (the top left corner) then Select > Select All and then using the Alignment Options (Align top edges, Align left edges)  from the Options Bar should be able to be recorded in an Action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines