Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom - open as smart object LAYERS in Photoshop

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

is there a possibility, to open multiple layers from Lightroom as layered smart objects in Photoshop?

Actually, you can choose one image from Lightroom, right klick, and open as a smart object. Or you can choose more files in Lightroom, right klick, and open them as layers in Photoshop, but not as a smart object. Its also not possible, to open each single file as a smart object, and stack them all, this converts every file to a pixel based layer and not a smart object anymore.

If you work with Adobe Bridge, this works fine, but not with Lightroom.

I would need this for my manual blendings for dynamic range, often I has to change something, and want to have a non distructive workflow with the RAW files.

Regards from Austria

Lukas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

I can select several files in Lightroom and they all open as smart objects in Photoshop. They don't open as a stack, however - I have to manually shift-drag them over. This keeps the smart objects and does not rasterize.

I suppose it should be possible to combine the two menu items into a third. Post a feature request here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can select several files in Lightroom and they all open as smart objects in Photoshop. They don't open as a stack, however - I have to manually shift-drag them over. This keeps the smart objects and does not rasterize.

I suppose it should be possible to combine the two menu items into a third. Post a feature request here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I’d love to be able to do this too, but currently the only option is to open them individually as smart objects and then move each image into a single file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines