Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove all reference to topic that has no underlying file

Jan 08, 2009 Jan 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are a team of four who use Robohelp 7 and Robosource control 3, with the roboshelp source on a server.

Sometimes Robohelp seems to get confused about which file corresponds to a topic: usually because the file doesn't exist. This can happen sometimes if I change the name of file even if I do so in the topic properties, using the topic properties dialog box.

In such a case, we are left with a 'zombie' topic, which we can't use but can't get rid of. I want to know a sure way to remove all knowledge of a zombie topic from Robohelp.
For example, is it enough (or sensible) to do the following? :
- delete all links in other topics to that zombie topic
- delete the reference in the .fpj file to the zombie topic

This seems to be an intermittent issue but very time consuming when it happens!

Regards
Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2009 Jan 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Peter.
First of all let me say that I use a different version control application. However this does seem to be a synching issue between your RH project and the RoboSource database. If after you check in your project, can you check for any differences between the source and the source control database. This may shed some light. I certianly wouldn't delete anything just yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp