• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening PDF

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I open a PDF so it doesn't remove the white space from the border when I open it. I can change the file to a Tiff and it opens fine, but PDFs always remove the edges.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the pdf is just opening as transparent with no white background.

After you open the pdf go to Layer>Flatten Image and see if that makes the difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, what happens is if it is an 8.5x11 document with an 8x10 image on it and a white border, when I open it, it shows up as an 8x10. So if I were to flatten the image, it would still be an 8x10. Not a big deal for something like that, but when I'm changing something that is part of a template, the objects won't be centered so it'll cut off different amounts on the left/right/top/bottom. So I'd like to be able to open the pdf without it removing the "excess" border.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of photoshop elements and operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the delay. We use PE9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines