• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default Reader Mode for Acrobat XI Pro

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Searching the web does not produce any examples that I can make work.

Having to press Ctrl-H after opening every document is irritating.

How can Adobe Acrobat XI Pro be configured to open all documents in Reader Mode automatically?

Thank you

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Right now, as you guessed, it is not possible, at least not out of the box. In Preferences > Page Display, you can set a Default for the Page Layout and Zoom level on your own computer, and this would probably be the place you would find it if it existed.

I suggest you put in a feature request to the engineers who work at Adobe, using the form at this link:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moved to Acrobat forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In researching this, I did not find a solution either.  I do, however, have a sort-of compromised workflow that may be helpful.

In the Document Properties dialog box, on the Initial View tab, you might try to check the options shown in my screen shot below.  It dioes NOT produce Reading Mode, but it sort-of simulates it.

readmode1.jpg

It produces a very clean look without menus and toolbars, but does not offer any navigation options, and one would have to know the keyboard presses to move around the document.  A quick tap of F8 & F9 toggle the menu and toolbars.

readmode2.jpg

I will continue to search for a solution, and post it if I can find one.  I hope this is helpful.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave__M,

Thank you for the reply.  Somehow the version I'm using must be special in that none of the documents I find online, as well as your response coincide with what I have.

Here are my preferences choice:

The software is:

Where is the best place to find support for this software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a document open, go to File>Properties (or Control-D).  Find and click on the Initial View tab at the top.  You'll find the options there that I showed.  I am using Acrobat Pro DC, but it would be the same for version XI, I'm pretty sure.  This will change the setting for that document only, and you'd have to set each one this way.  After setting the desired settings, you'd have to save, close and re-open to see the results.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

Ok, I was able to find the Document Properties dialog.

As you mention, this only applies for one document and I'm looking for a solution that will work for hundreds of new documents as wel as for read-only pdfs.

Thanks for the try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right now, as you guessed, it is not possible, at least not out of the box. In Preferences > Page Display, you can set a Default for the Page Layout and Zoom level on your own computer, and this would probably be the place you would find it if it existed.

I suggest you put in a feature request to the engineers who work at Adobe, using the form at this link:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines