Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conditional Tags Gone Wild

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2009 Jan 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp V7

I have a project that I recently added some topics to and created an additional Conditional Tag so that I could produce another layout. This worked great as I published my .chm files and saved the project.

A few days later I opened the project to find that topics that I had not applied any tags to previously now had the newest tag applied to them.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2009 Jan 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No way I know of to do that. Unfortunately I cannot think what you could do to create that situation.

Is the project on a network? If so move it locally and then fix the problem manually. Hopefully it will not recur.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing my editing on my local machine.

Does it ever cause any problems to have two sessions of RoboHelp open at the same time? I have been doing this recently because I am trying to combine projects that are very similar that others have created in the past with version 5. It helps me know what files I need to import that are different between projects.

???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Good morning, Hydro. I actually have two RH 7 sessions open right now - I get a Help system from our sister company that I review for new content against our system. RH has been very agreeable, so far. The only thing I have found is that the CPD files for both projects tend to bloat more quickly when I am working with both projects at the same time. So, occasionally before I open the projects for the day, I rename the CPD file and then start up, letting each one regenerate. But other than that, it seems very safe here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp