• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canvas Extension (and Perhaps other) Color(s)

Engaged ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I want to extend canvas size the extension background color is often (but not always) disabled; other times, is my last (default) selection, is given. If one of you could show me where/how this setting is made, I would be grateful.

jwc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

The background color is used to extend the canvas when your document contains a background layer that is flattened without transparency. Look to the bottom of the layer stack. If the layer is named background with italicized font, a background color will get added to that layer when extending the canvas.

If all of the layers float, meaning no background layer, the extended canvas will be transparent. Transparency is represented with a light grey checkerboard.

The background color is nested with th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The background color is used to extend the canvas when your document contains a background layer that is flattened without transparency. Look to the bottom of the layer stack. If the layer is named background with italicized font, a background color will get added to that layer when extending the canvas.

If all of the layers float, meaning no background layer, the extended canvas will be transparent. Transparency is represented with a light grey checkerboard.

The background color is nested with the foreground color at the bottom of the tools panel. The foreground color is the large color chip on top, and the background is the color chip under and slightly down and to the right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines