• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a tool or software to convert PSD to JPG in bulk without photoshop?

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I often have to convert 100s of PSDs to JPEG. At the moment, I do this by batch process in photoshop.

I was wondering are there any FREE and/or PAID tools/programs that can achieve this?

Concern is SPEED. Batch convert process in photoshop takes a lot of time, as I've 100s of files.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Technically, you can't just "convert" a closed file on disk. It has to be opened and rewritten to the new format.

And just so it's said - this is not a reversible process! Jpeg only supports flat, 8 bit files with destructive compression, so the process permanently throws out a huge amount of data.

But even a large batch in Photoshop should only take about the time it takes to grab a cup of coffee in the meantime...? Why the extaordinary rush...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Asking never hurts! Just in case if there's any such tool that can save time, I should have it! If not, photoshop is always the best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not sure if Irfanview will do it with PSD as the source file, but I suspect the at it will, as it can certainly view psd files.

IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide

As Dag says, it has to open each file, and takes about two or three seconds for each file.  My gut has told me on occasions that I get a better result using Image Processor in Photoshop though, so I have not used Irfanview for a few years now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines