• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Users having access to various languages in RH7

Jan 08, 2009 Jan 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm at the beginning of this project using RH7. We used RH5 until now.
Historically, we had 2 separate online helps, One in English, One in French. Going from one to the other would bring the user at the top level of the Table of Contents for each language.

Several people are bilingual in Canada, and several people enjoy having access to both language helps at the click of a button, without the clutter of having both display at the same time.

I originally thought the conditional build tags would be able to provide me with that capability, but that function only enables to have ONE source file to generate several end-user Online helps.

Is there a possibility to switch or toggle between languages, while remaining in the same topic, and having the TOC toggle to the other language at the same time?

English TOC French TOC

White Blanc
Blue Bleu
Red Rouge

(simple illustration above of what I need.)

I'd need a button while browsing the RED topic that takes me to the ROUGE topic (corresponding French Topic) and to the French TOC. (and back, obviously)

A solution that would accomplish this will enable me to plan my project adequately.

Thank you

ChipCorbeil
Ottawa, Canada

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 08, 2009 Jan 08, 2009
Welcome to our community, Chip

It would be a bit of work, but could be done. You might first review fellow Adobe Community Expert Peter Grainge's site about calling WebHelp. I'll insert a link below.

Click here to see the article

As you said, you would need to discrete WebHelp outputs. One in English and one in French. Then you would use the technique Peter talks about to create links to the matching topics in the other language. You would probably have to use the Parent or Top attribute for...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Chip

It would be a bit of work, but could be done. You might first review fellow Adobe Community Expert Peter Grainge's site about calling WebHelp. I'll insert a link below.

Click here to see the article

As you said, you would need to discrete WebHelp outputs. One in English and one in French. Then you would use the technique Peter talks about to create links to the matching topics in the other language. You would probably have to use the Parent or Top attribute for the links to cause the linked WebHelp to replace the frameset you are in when you click.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you Rick for the quick reply.

I had searched Peter Grainge's excellent website, but alas did not know exactly how to formulate my search to obtain the appropriate solution.

I have perused this article and the solution will fit our situation perfectly.

Thank you very much.

Chip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp