Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save For Web is slowing down my work flow

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help, and I've done a search and nothing seems to fit what I'm wondering. I always save for web for all my photos after I finish editing with them. On my old Computer whenever I did that it would take a good 30secs-1min for the image to optimize and finally allow me to save it. I just built a new computer which is quite beastly, running and editing most images on M.2 Flash SSD or regular SSD when previously only on HDD. I thought it would be much faster, saving PSD certainly is, but saving for web remains the same speed, if it is faster I certainly can't notice it. All my other programs like premiere for video editing, and even just saving PSD has increased in speed dramatically but the save for web remains about the same. Can anyone help with a solution to speed this up?

To be fair I edit mostly 46/36 megapixel photos that have been exported as jpg on either capture one or LR at full size. My PSD files are usually 350mbs uncompressed. Is the big megapixel attributing to this? Even after I significantly upgraded my PC? How can there be no speed gain?

OLD PC:

• I5-4760K
  • 16GB RAM 1300
  • 1tb HDD
  • GTX 660TI

NEW PC

• i7-8700K
  • 32GB RAM 3200
  • 500GB M.2 Flash SSD
  • GTX 1070ti

Any tips would be appreciated, Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Save For Web is not designed for big files. This is for screen-sized images for web or mobile devices, 800 - 1500 pixels or so.

For larger files, use a regular "Save As" to jpeg.

That said, the new Export module should handle large files better - but this is still not intended for anything other than screen-sized images.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save For Web is not designed for big files. This is for screen-sized images for web or mobile devices, 800 - 1500 pixels or so.

For larger files, use a regular "Save As" to jpeg.

That said, the new Export module should handle large files better - but this is still not intended for anything other than screen-sized images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes alot of sense, didn't think about it that way. However I remember a few years ago on my old pc resorting to doing just that and for some reason whenever I uploaded my files to dropbox and viewed/download them on my phone the color was way off. I suppose I could try it again and see but that was the reason why I never did the save as method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The purpose of Save For Web is to optimize fast loading on the internet - you can try different file compression methods and directly check visual impact and upload times.

As for color - convert to sRGB and embed the profile. There are checkboxes for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had those options checked off, which is what had me confused, I did a bunch of things to try to figure out why the color shifted, and nothing seemed to be the answer. It may have been my old phone causing issues too maybe. I'll give it a try again and see. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines