• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug in actions!!

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the new version of Photoshop CC 2018 I have a bug in actions. When I have a file with a path in it I have the following problem:

I select new action, click on record, open the file, select the path, make a selection with a feather from 1 pixel, make from the selection a new layer and close. The I push the stop button in action. Normally this action works but since the last update no way!!! Is there someone with a solution? Thanks a lot.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide pertinent information and post screenshots including the pertinent Panels (Layers, Paths, …) and the expanded Action in the Actions Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It seems to work here. Does your action look something like this?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are screenshots of my actions ( in Dutch ). I'am a professional user. It did work 15 years till now!! Help.actions 1.pngactions 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly happens or does not happen?

Is there a Path called »Path 1« in all files you try to run the Action on?

What is the copy-step about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a Path 1in all files. When I create the action everything seems to work wel. When i start the action it seems to work. There is no notification. After the action is stopped the i just a flat file. The action select and copy didn't do anything. Other actions are working well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The action select and copy didn't do anything.

Well, what is selected and could be copied? The background Layer, the Path, …?

Why copy and not use Layer Via Copy (cmd-J)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a Mac. Indeed command J is copy a layer. But that is not the problem. I'm selecting the path, tell to make a selection with a feather of 1and make a copy of the selection. That doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will you post the requested screenshots already?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did. Or do you want more? See my reaction 3 steps above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked for screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Layers, Paths, History, …) visible, not of two Panels/dialogs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Schermafbeelding 2018-01-24 om 12.21.32.pngSchermafbeelding 2018-01-24 om 12.21.52.pngSchermafbeelding 2018-01-24 om 12.22.12.pngSchermafbeelding 2018-01-24 om 12.22.27.pngSchermafbeelding 2018-01-24 om 12.22.37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The operation does seem to have succeeded on the image with the yellow jacket, so what seems to be the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again: everything seems to work well but after the action, when I open the file there is no layer so it doesn't work!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What’s »Opslaan«?

The Batch seems to be saving to a Folder on the Desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. So what? Still there is no layer in those files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshot you posted shows a folder at another location so I wonder if you might be looking at the wrong files.

When you run the Action itself without closing the File the Layer is being created?

Does anything change when you omit all the useless Action-steps after the Layer creation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I did. No. Again it doesn't work since the update. Nobody knows why. Adobe costumer service sucks.

Thanks for trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce your problem (Photoshop 19.1.0 on Mac OS 10.12.6).

batchActionTestCC2018.jpg

I would recommend that you streamline your Action (don’t copy/paste, lose the close-step, …) and continue testing.

Have you tried using Image Processor instead of Batch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add a step to deselect the path after you use it to generate the selection. In 19.0 there were changes made to copy and paste to allow copy and paste of layers. If paths are active copy and paste uses path data to maintain path data copy and paste functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whether the Path was selected one might have seen if the OP had posted meaningful screenshots and kept the pertinent Panels visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also deselect the path doesn't help!!!  Who knows the answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does the Action (minus the open-, save- and close-parts) perform as expected on its own?

Have you tried Image Processor instead of Batch yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (including Layers, Paths, History, …) visible of a file on which the Action failed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines