• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC frequently freezes and becomes unresponsive

Participant ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat as of late has become difficult to use. PDFs I either open or save out through Illustrator freeze up before I can print or email. After I perform the function I want, the PDF freezes and I have to wait for it to catch up before I can X out of the app. Sometimes the act of closing it will cause Acrobat to not respond.

This was a manageable issue recently (going on for a few months) but ever since the upgrade to CC 2018 it feels like the problem has gotten worse, almost to the point where Acrobat feels unusable.

I'm on Windows 10 running Acrobat version 2017.012.20098.44270.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Hello jordanh65344997

Sorry for the delay in response to your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused. As per the description above, the Acrobat is freezing and non responsive, Is that correct?

Please check for any pending updates from Help Menu>Check for updates. You may also repair the installation files from Help Menu>Repair installation(only for Windows).

Restart the machine after the installation of new updates or Repairing the installation files.

You may also refer to Troubleshoot errors, freezes | Adobe Reader | Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello jordanh65344997

Sorry for the delay in response to your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused. As per the description above, the Acrobat is freezing and non responsive, Is that correct?

Please check for any pending updates from Help Menu>Check for updates. You may also repair the installation files from Help Menu>Repair installation(only for Windows).

Restart the machine after the installation of new updates or Repairing the installation files.

You may also refer to Troubleshoot errors, freezes | Adobe Reader | Windows

If the issue persists, please share the following details:

• Is it a Windows or Mac machine?
  • Is Acrobat Pro is freezing with one PDF or with all the PDF files?

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your response. The issue has resolved itself. Perhaps it was an update on my system, perhaps it was a Creative Cloud update. Perhaps it was one of those inexplicable glitches. Either way, Acrobat works fine as of now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines