Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two large rectangles in Web Browser

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2009 Jan 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all

I've just started using Captivate today; and I'm getting stuck.

My project has a cover page, one question page and a quiz summary page. I've messed around with the project settings a bit; but nothing major.

When I preview my project I see two large white rectangles in the top center of the slides. I don't know why they are there, or how to get rid of them. Can anyone help?

Thanks
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Mary

How are you previewing? If you are previewing via F4 or by clicking Preview > Project or by clicking File > Preview > Project, Adobe is aware of an issue with previewing if you have the latest version of Flash Player installed. (Version 10)

If this is the case, try previewing using F12, clicking Preview > In Web Browser or by clicking File > Preview > In Web Browser and things should look normal.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pressing F12 to preview in the Web Browser.

It's very weird because these rectangles appear straight away, and everything else fades in gradually. So I'm I did something in the Project settings or Quiz settings that caused it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Are you able to share your project so we may see first hand? I'm thinking if you are able to do that, we might be better equipped to hazard a guess as to what is happening to you.

You could use a free service such as YouSendIt

www.YouSendIt.com

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mwah ha, I'm making progress. I created a brand new blank presentation. The rectangles appear after I add a graded question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well maybe my brain is just fried, but how do I attach a file? When I click Reply all I can see that looks close is the "Attach Code" button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

You cannot attach files in the forums. That's why I listed YouSendIt as one possibility. It's a third party service that's free to use.

You plug in an E-Mail address to send to and a link is transmitted to the recipient you choose. You may choose to send to yourself and just post the link here, or you may wish to send to an address. Mine for example is rstone75 (at) kc (dot) rr (dot) com

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the internet access here is quite locked down and I can't attach anything to the website (sigh).

But could you please try this:
1. Create a new project (Other > Blank Project).
2. Use a user defined size of 750 x 415.
3. Insert a new Multiple Choice question slide using the menu bar.
Make it a graded question with three answers (any text).
4. Press the F12 key.

I'm seeing what appears to be a two line text field for size 20 font.
Do you see the same thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Nope, sorry to say I don't see that.

I'm posting mine for you to see. Follow the link below.
Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2009 Jan 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry NZ, I tried the same steps you outlined and the question slide worked as it should. No white rectangles anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well thanks for trying guys. Maybe it's something to do with an Internet Explorer setting in our environment rather than Captivate itself. I'll keep experimenting and if I work it out I'll post something here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So here's my latest theory. Our system as Flash Player 6, which iis fairly old right? Maybe that's the cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Upgrading Flash Player certainly can't hurt to try!

However, if you are addicted to previewing in Captivate, note that there have been issues reported that it breaks when the latest version of Flash Player is installed.

Note that this only breaks the preview inside Captivate. You may still preview in the browser just fine and the output should be fine too.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 11, 2009 Jan 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
A little info that might be of some value to you, NZ_Developer. To get the version you want to install after removing your current Flash Player, go to this Adobe link. and select the player you think might work best with your current configuration.

And to get information about how to avoid or solve a known problem with that install process, I recommend you read and apply this article from "Flash Focus"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources