• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Membership site w/ payments, unique login, private pages

Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I need to create a site where people can have a unique login, sign up and pay for classes and have their own unique page that keeps track of their billing and class history. Is this something I can do in Muse? And if there is a 3rd party integration I need to accomplish this, can someone direct me to it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Sorry Pavel, but YOU are WRONG and I don't appreciate your being such an arrogant jerk.  Calling my attempt "stupid, unjustified and inconvenient" is not only rude, but also INCORRECT.  And you are leading other Muse users astray with your incorrect responses.  A bit of persistence on my part paid off and I found exactly what i was looking for.

Mylenium is also wrong...probably because he listened to Pavel.

There IS indeed an add-on exactly for this.  It is provided by MuseGain, and it is called M

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are looking at a very complex site here. While some of the widgets may do the trick, I think you are better off getting this site done through Dreamweaver or similar software. You are looking at a lot of customized coding here. You can also wait for the other experts here to see what they have to say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Muse...not Dreamweaver or anything else. I have bought and use Muse.  So I need to know how to get this to work within a Muse site. Even if that means clicking from the Muse site to a 3rd party site that has the functionality already in it...(which I have seen and am exploring now).  But the idea of "custom coding" or "use a different software" is not the type of answer I need.  I can guess that answer for myself.

You mentioned that some of the widgets might do the trick...THAT is what I am looking for.  Which ones?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no widgets for this. In the Muse, this can not be done at all. You need to look towards CMS as joomla or wordpress.

Yes, you can make a page in the Muse and place the "Login button in your personal cabinet" on it, which will lead to the subdomain or folder in which joomla is installed (for example). But this is an extremely stupid, unjustified and inconvenient decision, with which you will very quickly begin to experience painful inconveniences. Much easier, just take the CMS and make a one-piece project as you need, without using the Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Pavel, but YOU are WRONG and I don't appreciate your being such an arrogant jerk.  Calling my attempt "stupid, unjustified and inconvenient" is not only rude, but also INCORRECT.  And you are leading other Muse users astray with your incorrect responses.  A bit of persistence on my part paid off and I found exactly what i was looking for.

Mylenium is also wrong...probably because he listened to Pavel.

There IS indeed an add-on exactly for this.  It is provided by MuseGain, and it is called MuseExpress CMS.  It is perfect for my needs. It allows you to build your website in Muse and with this add-on it allows you to use the CMS of Wordpress!  It actually is the best of both worlds.  So I can have the login site I need, with the CMS as well.  With a few other add-ons and Wordpress plug ins I have everything I need.  So, you see, it CAN be done with Muse. It ISN'T "stupid, unjustified or inconvenient".

For everyone else who followed Pavel, I suggest you take his responses with a grain of salt.

Here is a link to the add-on:    MusexPress - Adobe Muse and WordPress - Adobe Muse CMS

Steven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize if somehow offended you. My answer did not belong to your personality. Perhaps because of the language barrier, it looks somewhat different. Once again, I'll forgive forgiveness.

As for what you found:  We all know MuseExpress. MuseExpress is a Frankenstein created from Muse and Wordpress, much more complicated to manage than just a wordpress. And you have to pay for it. And in fact, using MuseExpress you use the Wordpress. So nothing contradicts the fact that I answered you earlier. This is still not possible in the Muse.

This https://www.elegantthemes.com/gallery/divi/  much better then to buy Frankenstein MuseExpress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will accept your half-hearted apology.

But you still don't understand why your answer is so wrong.  People using Muse don't want you to tell them your opinion of using Muse for their websites. They ask for help finding a way to get something done.  Your answer was simply wrong, telling me that it just couldn't be done and that I should look for another way to build my website.  That was completely and entirely wrong.

You said:   "There are no widgets for this."   WRONG...and you knew it.

You are hurting not only me, but every other Muse user with the same issue by giving such an example.  People see you as some sort of expert on here.  Obviously, you are not expert in all questions or areas.

Your dislike for MuseExpress (and "we all" don't know about it by the way) is obvious.  The fact that you knew about it and STILL didn't tell me makes me even angrier about your original response.

Steven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Steven, do not accept this my answer for arrogance ... In a little while, you will get a little more experience in the web sphere and then you will be able to understand my answers. After some time using MuseExpress, you will begin to sink more and more into the study of the Wordpress. And one day your insight will come, when you say to yourself - "Why do I need a Muse for this project?' It is much more convenient in all respects simply to use wordpress. Using this with Muse you add yourself a huge amount of manual and unjustified work. I repeat - the day will come and you will understand that this is so. But not now.

I'm not a supporter of solving all problems with the help of Muse. I am a supporter of solving problems in the most effective and convenient methods. Muse is not always such a solution.

My answers to you were not a deliberate evil that would harm you. But they were useful to you, that you would not spend extra money and time. But unfortunately you do not understand this yet. Therefore, you will have to learn from your mistakes, but not against strangers.

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sadly, you ARE arrogant.  I have been in business for over 35 years. I am not a "newbie", although new to Muse.

This is a Muse forum.  It is for people using Muse to get answers to questions about building sites with Muse.  It is NOT a forum for you to solve the world's web problems, and my question was specifically about using Muse.

It would be best for you to just not answer the question rather than to steer people astray.  There was a solution to my question using Muse and you told me (and everyone else) that it wasn't possible.

You are not helpful at all.

Please just shut up if you don't want to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I need to know how to get this to work within a Muse site.

It's not possible and that is that. As suggested, simply move on and use a full CMS.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines