• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Only Imports RAW files, Not JPEGs

Engaged ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I have my camera set up to make a Raw and a Jpeg of each picture, but when I import, only the RAW files appear.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

There's an option in the Lightroom preferences (General tab) to treat JPEG images next to raw files as separate images. If you check that option then Lightroom will import the JPEG images as well as the raw images. If that option is not checked then Lightroom will not import the JPEG images. This gives you the option to decide whether or not you want to include the JPEG images in your Lightroom collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's an option in the Lightroom preferences (General tab) to treat JPEG images next to raw files as separate images. If you check that option then Lightroom will import the JPEG images as well as the raw images. If that option is not checked then Lightroom will not import the JPEG images. This gives you the option to decide whether or not you want to include the JPEG images in your Lightroom collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jim is correct. Also, merely checking that option won't bring in the JPEGs that you're missing. To do so after you check the option, right click on the appropriate folder name in Lightroom's folder panel and choose to Synchronize the folder. (All future imports will bring in both the raw and JPG files.

Hal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines